Latest version?

HomeForumsMonoBrick EV3 FirmwareLatest version?

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    Henrik Kurka
    Participant

Hi

If I download the DLL and image from this page: http://www.monobrick.dk/software/ev3firmware/, will I allways get the latest verison? Is there an update log with a good overview somewhere for each version and what is the latest version?

Thanks

Author Image
    Tcm0
    Participant

The DLL on that page will probably usually be the latest one. In addition to that, there will probably a forum entry when a new DLL comes out.
    The firmware checks automatically for updates on boot. I think that there will be a new DLL when there is a new firmware for the EV3.

Author Image
    Henrik Kurka
    Participant

Thanks Max.I started to use MB a little while ago and ran into some issues with the motor controls and was told that there was a new version coming, but I haven’t seen any news about it on the forum, so I am still not quite sure if issues has been fixed or not.

Author Image
    Tcm0
    Participant

You can get the latest version which is probably fixed from the github repository: https://github.com/Larsjep/monoev3/tree/master/MonoBrickFirmware/Movement
    You can either compile the full DLL again or you can include the classes you need without compiling it again.

Author Image
    Henrik Kurka
    Participant

Thanks. Yes, I have read that this is an alternative, but I do not know anything about github and how to compile it, and I have limited time to figure that out, and to be honest I am not that interested in it either. I just want the latest version and an update log so I know when I can continue with my little project 🙂

Author Image
    Tcm0
    Participant

Just download the *.cs files and include them as normal classes into your project. You don’t need to compile it.

Author Image
    Henrik Kurka
    Participant

Thanks Max – I wasn’t aware of that I might give it a try. Though posts like this still makes me want the latest version as a DLL instead: http://www.monobrick.dk/forums/topic/error-when-building-with-xamarin/

Author Image
    Tcm0
    Participant

I made a build for you. I compiled it today so that it should be up to date.

Author Image
    Vlad Ruzov
    Participant

Hi Max,
    If I use DLL you provided OR build DLL from GitHub sources and use it then the brick LCD does not work properly – only random points shown instead of text.
    May be it is required to do something else than DLL replacement ?

Thank You. Vlad.

Author Image
    Tcm0
    Participant

Which method of writing text do you use? Can you post your sourcecode? (or at least a part of it)
    LcdConsole.WriteLine(); works.

Author Image
    Vlad Ruzov
    Participant

If I replace MonoBrickFirmware.dll in EV3 apps folder by dll that you provided then all standard examples ( LcdExample etc.) do not work properly. They put random pixels on the screen.

Author Image
    Tcm0
    Participant

Do you use LcdConsole.WriteLine()?

Author Image
    Vlad Ruzov
    Participant

The example below works with old dll (from sd image) and does not work with dll that you provided.

using System;
    using System.Threading;
    using MonoBrickFirmware.Display;

namespace HelloWorld
    {
       public static class Program
       {
          public static void Main( string[] args)
          {
             LcdConsole.WriteLine ("Hello World!");
             Thread.Sleep (2000);
          }
       }
    }

Author Image
    Tcm0
    Participant

That’s really strange since it works for me.

Author Image
    Martin Wagner
    Participant

Hi Max,
    I have the same problems like Vlad. Old DLL works fine, new DLL just random pixel.
    Keep using with the old one and waiting …
    Martin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation