Forum Replies Created
I have the same problems like Vlad. Old DLL works fine, new DLL just random pixel.
Keep using with the old one and waiting …
The version is also visible when referencing from Xamarin. (see pic)
Could you please open the solution in VisualStudio Express before releasing the next release and set the versions, so they are visible in the windows file system and in VisualStudio?
Oh, another one:
Thanks to Vlad’s help I could finally get rid off the “Use MSBuild engine” and build with Xamarin. I found it cumbersome to adjust this in all projects of the monobrick solution. Is this option necessary in your IDE? If not, could you turn it off as default?
Thanks in advance,
longingly waiting for the new release 😉 ,
P.S.: Please let me know, if I can help somehow.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
thanks for providing the precise path to this setting. I had found this posting before, but could not find the setting (searching in Tools-Options…, Project-Solution-…) and thought it’s something which is available in the Mac-Version only.
Now it’s working fine!! Thanks!
If anybody got a working Xamarin + mono combination on Win7 with VisualStudio installed, please let me know. And how to obtain those specific versions.
When returning to Xamarin <=V4.2.3 as mentioned in the net, the build error changes to
Error building target GetReferenceAssemblyPaths: UNC paths should be of the form \\server\share.
Again for a “hello world” command-line, without any mono-brick reference.
But the windows world starts with “C:\Users\…”
the problem did not go away even, when only building the firmware dll.
So I cleared all Mono and Xamarin stuff from my laptop and started from scratch with Mono 3.2.3 and Xamarin 5.0.1.
After solving some problems with ASP-AddIns, I finally managed to build the most simple “hello” world” command-line, but with the .Net-runtime only. As soon as you try to build with mono, I get the error
Could not find type ‘System.Globalization.SortVersion’.
again. There definitely seems to be a general error in mono.
I tried to get more updated mono versions. The mono-project still sells V3.2 as V3.4, which is available for macOS only. I found an interesting article on code-project () how to build more recent mono versions from source code. But the V3.4-binaries provided there didn’t solve this problem.
I hope this helps a little bit in getting the next mono-brick-version running for windows-user, too.
If can help somehow, please let me know.
P.S.: When releasing the next SD-card-images, could you reduce the size a little bit (e.g. 4GB->3.8GB) to avoid the “does not fit”-error which I experienced, too.