pc sender nxt with nxc receiver

HomeForumsMonoBrick Communication Librarypc sender nxt with nxc receiver

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    Bartłomiej Drozd
    Participant

Hi.
    I need to make one-way communication between pc and nxt brick. I do simple program at pc to send string to brick and program in nxc to receive that string. It’s ok, but i can only one send string to brick, after that brick doesn’t want to receive next string. I use that in c#

string command = Console.ReadLine();
     brick.Mailbox.Send(command, Box.Box0);

and that in nxc

string a;
     while(true)
     {
      ReceiveRemoteString(0, 0, a);
      TextOut(0, LCD_LINE2, a);
     }

when i do program in nxt-g it’s work fine, but i must to do it in nxc. Please, help me with this

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

I think that your problem is already described in this post

Hope this helps

Anders

Author Image
    Bartłomiej Drozd
    Participant

Unfortunately, that not solved my problem. I send from pc string to mailbox 0 and in brick i receive string from mailbox 0. First time that work great, but when i try to send next string to the same mailbox that didn’t work. When i close program in brick and run it again, then i can again send one string and it’s a loop… when i do program in nxt-g i send from pc string to mailbox 0 and receive in brick from mailbox 1 and that work fine. I don’t know what is wrong

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

Ok since it is working in NXT-G – there must be a problem in your NXC code… what does the docs say about

ReceiveRemoteString(0, 0, a); ?

Anders

Author Image
    Bartłomiej Drozd
    Participant

but when i do second sender program in second brick work fine at the same mailbox.

ReceiveRemoteString(queue, remove, out strval)
    This method is used on a master brick to receive a string value from a slave device
    communicating via a specific mailbox or message queue. Optionally remove the last
    read message from the message queue depending on the value of the boolean remove
    parameter.

Author Image
    Bartłomiej Drozd
    Participant

Or maybe You could help mi with c++ library? I need to make one-way communication pc -> nxt with camera vision and i have finished program to camera vision in c++, without communication between pc and nxt. I need to send some string messages to difefrent mailbox. I don’t know how to use Your c++ library to send bt or usb messages to default mailbox

Author Image
    Bartłomiej Drozd
    Participant

ok, i solved this problem. I noticed, i must to send 5 times the same string to nxt, then nxt receive it correctly.
    In c# it’s look that:

bool f = true;
    Console.WriteLine("Y: ");
    data = Int32.Parse(Console.ReadLine());
    command = data.ToString();
    if (f == true) //because first time send correctly
    {
      brick.Mailbox.Send(command, Box.Box1, false);
      f = false;
    }
    Console.WriteLine("Y pos: " + command);
    Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

I think that this is a timing issue… It seems wrong that you need to send the same string five times – this is not a fix. Like I said there must be something that you are doing wrong in your NXC program since the NXC code and NXT-G compiles to the same byte-code….

I can’t remember NXC but does strings in NXC have variable length? or do you need to specify the length when you create a string?

Anders

Can you send me the project file so I can use it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation