x64 Support?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    Chris M. Muench
    Participant

Is there a 64 Bit Version of the monobrick library available? If not, is there a version that only uses BT (Virtual Com Port) and Wifi – no USB (as it looks like all the monobrick USB dependencies are 32Bit only).

Thanks
    Chris

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

Just download the test project and build your own version – source code will be available from GIT at some point. But are you getting any error using the dll?

Anders

Author Image
    Chris M. Muench
    Participant

Yes, I do get a “System.BadImageFormatException” when I try to create a new instance of the “Brick”.
    Even if I use “Wifi” as the Connection.

if I compile and run my code using x86 it works just fine.

Also, is there a way to get sensor “change events” instead of polling the sensor data?

Thanks
    Chris

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Ok use the test project. It includes the source – then you should be able to build the way you want it. Why is it important that it is x64?

Also, is there a way to get sensor “change events” instead of polling the sensor data?

No the EV3 can not “send” an event when a sensor value changes – so polling is the only way.

Anders

Author Image
    Chris M. Muench
    Participant

I am working on a Rapid Application Development Platform for the Internet of Things (check out http://www.c-labs.com/c-dengine). It runs on all platforms that run .NET including Mono, Xamarin and the Azure Cloud.

The Engine can manage many things and creates a lot of data. It is build to run on “Any CPU” and runs on 64Bit windows automatically at 64bit. The C-DEngine provides access to “Things” via plugins – so I wrote a MonoBrick Lego Plugin. When the plugin instantiates, it will run as the host in x64 bit mode – and fails.

If you run it on a 32Bit PC (which is VERY rare these days), it runs just fine.

What test project are you referring to? Where can I find it?
    Thanks for your great support

Cheers
    Chris
    C-Labs

Author Image
    Chris M. Muench
    Participant

doh! found the test project:)

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Ok Great

Author Image
    Chris M. Muench
    Participant

And I got it to work on my PC just fine! THanks,

You should recompile your dll with “Any CPU” in the settings by replacing the “x86” (and prefer 32bit) with “Any CPU”. That will make your dll work in 64 bit apps as well.

I created a plugin for the C-DEngine and will post this (with a reference to your site) in my forums as soon as my public beta will be available (target date May 28th). Is this ok with you?

In my test scenario I can control my EV3 with an arduino based Joystick and change my office HUE lights to a color that the Color sensor of the EV3 sees.

Cheers,
    Chris

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hey

I created a plugin for the C-DEngine and will post this (with a reference to your site) in my forums as soon as my public beta will be available (target date May 28th). Is this ok with you?

Sounds great. Please post a link when it is ready.

You should recompile your dll with “Any CPU” in the settings by replacing the “x86″ (and prefer 32bit) with “Any CPU”. That will make your dll work in 64 bit apps as well.

Sure but right now I am busy with the next release of the MonoBrick firmware…

Anders

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation