WiFi connection to multiple EV3's on same network

HomeForumsMonoBrick Communication LibraryWiFi connection to multiple EV3's on same network

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    bombarie
    Participant

I’m using your fantastic library in Unity3D. I’ve got multiple computers running a Unity game on the same network, each connecting to one EV3 using WiFi. On your guide to connecting using WiFi you explain the procedure of connecting to an EV3. I don’t fully understand all of it but I believe the library listens for a specific UDP message, which could come from any EV3, and then connects with that EV3. So it would appear that the library doesn’t allow for targetted connection to a specific IP address. In Network.cs I find the class WiFiConnection and see in the Open() method the following line:

IPEndPoint groupEP = new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Any,listenPort);

I added a specific method Open(string _ipaddress) to this class and changed this line to

IPEndPoint groupEP = new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Parse (_ipaddress), listenPort);

It was a naive idea apparently because still, the library connects to whichever EV3 seems to respond first. I’m not very familiar with C# so maybe I’m missing something and IPAddress.Parse() wasn’t the way to go..
    Is there *any* way to employ targetted connecting to an EV3 using WiFi?

I have the exact problem!! Did you find any solution, bombarie (or anyone)? Thanks!

DJuego

Hi!
    I am looking to some examples or info that can help me to get started on creating a game in Unity3D that receives data from a Mindstorm’s module.
    Did you manage to find anything?

Thanks,
    Carol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation