Using Visual Studio

HomeForumsMonoBrick EV3 FirmwareUsing Visual Studio

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    pocketpc
    Participant

I can’t figure out how to do this with Visual Studio. I created a new project, referenced the MonoBrick DLL, pasted the example program into a new class, built the project, and copied the exe and the pdb from bin/debug to the apps folder on the SD card, but when I run the program, nothing happens. Am I missing something here?

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

Ok – did you copy the MonoBrick.dll as well? If not you will get an exception and the program will crash. We are working on some way to notify the user if you get an exception during runtime.

Anders

Author Image
    pocketpc
    Participant

Do I have to copy monobrick.dll to the SD card? I already put it in the project folder and added it as a reference.

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Yes copy the file on the SD card.

From the programming guide

With WinSCP copy all files to the apps folder on the EV3

Anders

Author Image
    pocketpc
    Participant

I copied everything from bin/debug to the apps folder, including monobrick.dll, and the program still won’t run.

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

Try to ssh to the brick. Go to the apps folder and write “mono yourProgramname.exe” – What happens?

Anders

Author Image
    pocketpc
    Participant

Is it possible to SSH via USB? I don’t have a wifi dongle and my laptop’s Bluetooth is shot.

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi again

I was under the impression that you used the WinSCP to copy the files to the EV3 over WiFi – I will try to reproduce the problem tonight. As for

Is it possible to SSH via USB? I don’t have a wifi dongle and my laptop’s Bluetooth is shot.

No this is not possible at the moment – but we will add USB and BT in one of the next releases.

Anders

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi Again

I just tested the copy to scenario my EV3 and everything is working fine. Here is what I did

• Shut down my EV3
    • Plug the SD card into my Mac
    • Copied all compiled files from bin/debug on my Mac to the SD card LMS2012/apps
    • Plug the SD into the EV3
    • Boot the EV3
    • Run the program

Could you please give me a detailed description of what you did? How did you compile the program?

Anders

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation