USB library not found

HomeForumsMonoBrick Communication LibraryUSB library not found

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    Uglyface200
    Participant

I’m trying to connect to my NXT over USB, but when I run the sample project, I receive 13 errors that the USB library is not installed. I’m running Trisquel GNU/Linux (a derivative of Ubuntu) and I’ve installed everything the guide says.

Author Image
    Uglyface200
    Participant

I tried setting Bluetooth up, but I’m told to enter a PIN on the device (even after using the 1234 default PIN), and then it says the setup failed.

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

Thanks for trying MonoBrick Communication library

What errors are you getting exactly…

Anders

Author Image
    Uglyface200
    Participant

“The type or namespace name LibUsbDotNet'/LibUsbDotNet’/`MonoLibUsb’ [each of these three in different sentences] could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?”

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Please post complete errors message

Anders

Author Image
    Uglyface200
    Participant

Never mind: I’m trying to connect through Bluetooth now and I’ve simply removed the offending lines.

The trouble is, I can’t establish a Bluetooth connection. When I plug the transmitter in, a setup icon with the Bluetooth logo appears on the panel. If I click it, there is an option to set up a new device. And the computer can see the brick—it shows up in the list of devices. But when I try to establish a connection (even with the PIN set to the correct 1234), I am asked to enter a PIN on the brick.

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

If things are not working for you please write a detailed description of what you did and what failed – otherwise it is hard to help!

If you what USB to work are you able to write

lsusb|grep Lego

and see the NXT?

If you are using Bluetooth for the NXT then not all Bluetooth devices are compatible. Try the use google to find the list and see if your device is on….

Anders

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation