SignalR on Monobrick

HomeForumsMonoBrick EV3 FirmwareSignalR on Monobrick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    Stujiro
    Participant

So i’m trying to get signalr up and running on the monobrick for a project that i’m working on.

I’m running into issues with type load exceptions and i’m thinking this may be due to the older version of mono that is on the image. How hard would it be to upgrade this to the latest? Has anyone attempted this?

Also are there any better alternatives for calling in to the brick from the outside world? I know there is a stand alone webserver on the way which would accomplish something similar to what i’m attempting.

Author Image
    Tcm0
    Participant

You only have to write the new image to the microsd using the win32 disk image. But you will use all files and settings you previously made.
    MonoBrick is running on .NET. Wouldn’t it be easier to make a simple Server-Client communication with the server running on your computer. Just google “.net server client communication” or “c# server client communication”.

Author Image
    Stujiro
    Participant

Sure, that’s my plan b was to set up a tcp listener and do it that way but signalr has a lot of really nice features already so why re write it if updating the mono version isn’t prohibitively difficult? I was more wondering if updating the mono version would break anything on the existing image. I’m kind of guessing that there is a reason that the version that is on there was selected.

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi Stujiro

Updating the Mono version is’t as strait forward as it sound. Unfortunately the Linux kernel found on the current image does not allow us to run the latest Mono version. However we have patched the kernel so a newer version of Mono can be used – but running in AOT mode is giving us some trouble… but when it is ready it will be released. We will keep you posted.

/Anders

Author Image
    agash
    Participant

Hi,

I’m currently waiting for my EV3, so i can’t test it myself, but how did you try to use SignalR? Self-hosted or with a Web Server?

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

I did not use SignalR – but created a Web Server/REST service using nancy. It will have it done this week and hopefully post a video that show what it can do.

/Anders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation