Problem while setting up MonoBrick

HomeForumsMonoBrick Communication LibraryProblem while setting up MonoBrick

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    ramacc0 .
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m new to using MonoBrick and I’m having trouble running my first program. I have installed Xamarin Studio as wel as the 3 Mono development files. Afterwards I downloaded the testproject from the monobrick.dk website and copied the example code for people who are using USB, since I don’t have a wifi dongle. I also have installed the image of mono brick on a 4gb SD card and that seems to boot up on the EV3.

I have included a print screen of the message that I get from the terminal when trying to compile in Xamarin Studio.

Hopefully anyone can help, as I’m eager to start developing with mono brick.

Regards,
    Ramacco

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

I think that you are mixing the Monobrick firmware and the communication library… they are two different things….

Communication library: Let’s you control the NXT/EV3 over Blutooth, USB and network and works with the standard firmware.

MonoBrick firmware: is a firmware replacement for the EV3

Anders

Author Image
    ramacc0 .
    Participant

Hi,

I figured last night that you have to use the standard firmware (read it somewhere on this forum). So, after downloading the testprogram again, I tried to run it via usb, but I got exact the same error message.

I used this program and in the attachement you can see the imported files in Xamarin Studio

using System;
    using MonoBrick.EV3;

namespace ev3
    {
    class MainClass
    {
    public static void Main (string[] args)
    {

var ev3 = new Brick<Sensor,Sensor,Sensor,Sensor>(“usb”);

try{
    ev3.Connection.Open();
    ev3.MotorA.On(50);
    System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(3000);
    ev3.MotorA.Off();
    }
    catch(Exception e){
    Console.WriteLine(e.StackTrace);
    Console.WriteLine(“Error: ” + e.Message”);
    Console.WriteLine(“Press any key to end…”);
    Console.ReadKey();
    }
    finally{
    ev3.Connection.Close();
    }
    }
    }
    }

Also, what is it easier to develop with the custom firmware? Or is it not necessary to use the custom firmware when trying to progam as efficient as possible?

Hope you can help me.

Regards,
    Ramacco

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Author Image
    ramacc0 .
    Participant

I have tried to run the porgram from above on a NXT and it works fine, on the EV3 however, I still get the samen error.Hopefully there is a solution for my problem.

Regards,
    Ramacco

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation