How to setup TCP/IP connection

HomeForumsMonoBrick Communication LibraryHow to setup TCP/IP connection

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    CH P
    Participant

Hi,

I have been following Wifi setup instructions, but got stuck at the following steps,
    which is quite unclear. Could you please elaborate in steps and tools for me?

##########(Copied form the instruction page)######################
    Sending a UDP message back to the EV3

The contents of the data is irrelevant so just send a single byte. The important thing is that you send it to the source port that was used in the bricks broadcast message ( this is not port 3015). Once a message has been send the brick is ready to accept a TCP/IP connection.
    Establish a TCP/IP connection

Connect to the brick using TCP/IP on port 5555 and use this connection to send the unlock message
    Sending the unlock message

The unlock message has the following format:

GET /target?sn=0016533F0C1E VMTP1.0
    Protocol: EV3

Where 0016533F0C1E is the serial number from the UDP broadcast. The brick should now reply with a 16 byte TCP/IP message with the following text:

Accept:EV340

indicating that the connection has been established. Now you should be able to send both system and direct commands to the brick over a WiFi connection.
    #####################################################

My questions from the above steps are:

1. How do I “Send a UDP message back to the EV3” before I make a connection? Is there a specific program?
    I looked up menues on the Wireshark, but it seems to be a network monitoring program only.

2. How do I send the “unlock message” ?

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

I think that you might have mixed using “MonoBrick communication library to connect to the EV3 over a WiFi connection” with “Connecting the EV3 to a WiFi network”.

What is it you want to do?

Anders

Author Image
    anprieto
    Participant

Hi,

I am also stuck on the same step.

In this page: http://www.monobrick.dk/guides/how-to-establish-a-wifi-connection-with-the-ev3-brick/

first step is to connect ev3 brick to wifi. That is easy and already done.

Second step to open connection is Establishing a TCP/IP, listening to an UDP message and sending back another message to open connection.

I need some help to do this entire second step.

thanks
    antonio

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi Antonio

What is it that you are trying to do?

Are you trying to connect to the EV3 over a WiFi connection using MonoBrick communication library?

Anders

Author Image
    anprieto
    Participant

Hi Anders,

yes I’m trying to do that, and it seems I have to stablish a tcp ip connection, wtih which I am having problems, as instructions here are not as clear as others: http://www.monobrick.dk/guides/how-to-establish-a-wifi-connection-with-the-ev3-brick/

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

These instructions are if you need to know how a TCP/IP connection is established with the standard firmware. If you just need to use the MonoBrick communication library then simply follow this programming guide found here.

Anders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation