Firmware unzip problem

HomeForumsMonoBrick EV3 FirmwareFirmware unzip problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    Stujiro
    Participant

So i attempted to download and unzip the firmware last night and i was unsuccessful. Everytime i unpacked the image using 7zip it would tell me the file was bad. i saw earlier that someone else had encountered this and randomly it worked for them once. Unfortunately that did not work for me. Do i need to use a particular version of 7zip? say maybe 32bit instead of 64bit?

Author Image
    Tcm0
    Participant

I extracted the archive successfully with WinRAR.

Author Image
    Stujiro
    Participant

I just tried win rar and i’m getting check sum errors. I’m using Windows 8.1 on a surface pro. Maybe i should attempt it from a mac? What system did you use that worked?

Author Image
    Tcm0
    Participant

I used Windows 7.

Author Image
    Stujiro
    Participant

Yeah unfortunately i’ve tried now on multiple machines and i’m still getting no where. File is bad message from 7zip, checksum errors from winrar. I’ve tried all 3 sizes and i’ve tried from a windows 7 and a windows 8 pc.

Can anyone confirm that if they download a fresh copy they’re able to unpack it? Max did you redownload it since the last push?

I appreciate the help.

Author Image
    Stujiro
    Participant

Okay. so randomly i did get it to work. I tried a third pc and downloaded it using firefox instead of chrome and this time i was able to extract it without any problems on all of the machines where i had previously failed. Somehow it must have been getting corrupted during the download.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation