Does any activity reset the sleep timer?

HomeForumsMonoBrick Communication LibraryDoes any activity reset the sleep timer?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    Mike O’C
    Participant

We’ve made great progress with our PC app to manage competitions between up to 4 bots at once (being ‘remote controlled’ from PC game controllers).

One issue which has cropped up is the bricks going to sleep. Do any of the commands sent via Bluetooth to EV3 bricks and/or NXT bricks reset the internal brick sleep timer?

(If not, I guess we will have the kids increase the sleep timer values on their bricks to a large amount [or ‘Never’])

Thanks!

– Mike

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi Mike

We’ve made great progress with our PC app to manage competitions between up to 4 bots at once

Great news – I would be great to see a screenshot

One issue which has cropped up is the bricks going to sleep. Do any of the commands sent via Bluetooth to EV3 bricks and/or NXT bricks reset the internal brick sleep timer?

If I remember correctly the NXT does not allow you to set the timeout. There is a function to see what its value is. The function is called
    keep alive

The EV3 works the same way – and I also think there is a function to see the value – but it has not been implemented.

Anders

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation