Controlling EV3 from the web

HomeForumsMonoBrick EV3 FirmwareControlling EV3 from the web

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    Mikhail Glukhov
    Participant

Hi,

I want to control by EV3 robot from the web: make a web application with buttons designed to control motors of the EV3 and getting data from sensors.

At the same time, the robot should have its own program; that is, it will be controlled not 100% by me, but also by his program running on a EV3.

Question: what is the best way to do that?

Should I write my own web server application (web service), or maybe MonoBrick has some ready for use solutions?

Regards,
    Mikhail

P. S. The MonoBrick coomunication library seems not what I am looking for, since, as I mentionned, I need my robot to have its own brains (program), and at the same time be listening to some commands from me.

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

Right now we don’t have a webserver integrated into the image. But I have successfully been running asp.NET applications on the EV3. I used the XSP webserver but I have also used FastCGI Mono Server together with the Lighttpd webserver. But one of the reasons why we will not include a webserver in the next image (to be released very soon) is that JIT compiling makes the webpage load very slow the first time you visit the page. So if you can live with that then you should be able to run a webserver using XSP without to much trouble (If I remember you need to add some DLLs to the GAC from a PC installation – but I can’t remember exactly what I did). Anyway I have also tried to AOT compile my WebService (and XSP) for faster loading but without success.

Let me know how it goes…

Anders

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation