Control more than one EV3

HomeForumsMonoBrick Communication LibraryControl more than one EV3

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    Johannes Doblmann
    Participant

Hi there,

First of all, a huge thanks for this great project!

I’m currently working on a harbour simulation with Lego Mindstorms robots, therefore I have to control at least three robots. Now the question arises, whether it’s possible to connect to more than one robot using WiFi.

Thanks in advance,
    Johannes

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Yes – that is actually possible. However IP filtering has not been implemented but should be fairly strait forward. But if you don’t know how to implement this yourself then a workaround could be to connect one brick at a time – when MonoBrick is connected the EV3 will stop broadcasting its IP address. So you need to

1. Connect the EV3 to the WiFi network
    2. Connect to the EV3 using MonoBrick

Repeat this three times

Anders

Author Image
    Johannes Doblmann
    Participant

Thanks, i found the code and implemented a connect function with an IP as parameter.
    Unfortunately i can’t connect to the EV3.

I’m using your firmware and it seems that there are no UDP broadcasts. Is there an easy way to connect with a brick running the monobrick firmware?

Thanks in advance

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

I’m using your firmware and it seems that there are no UDP broadcasts.

It is correct the MonoBrick firmware does not support UDP broadcast. But you should be aware that the MonoBrick communication library only support the standard firmware.

Is there an easy way to connect with a brick running the monobrick firmware?

Simpley have a program running on the EV3 that listens and accepts a TCP/IP connection. Then from the PC connect to the EV3 using a TCP/IP socket. Search the web there are dozens of examples on how to do this in c#

Anders

Author Image
    Johannes Doblmann
    Participant

Thanks a lot, I finally managed to send data between notebook and the robot 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation