communication between robot and pc

HomeForumsMonoBrick EV3 Firmwarecommunication between robot and pc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    Jeroen De Deken
    Participant

Hello,
    I have to make a ev3 robot which is executing a tasks and report some things like status or progres to a program running on my computer. Is there an easy way to set up a communication between both of them? I alredy tried some things I’ve found on the internet abouth tcplisteners and such but when I try to run this on the ev3 he does not want to start the program.
    Regards,
    Jeroen

ps. the connection is over USB, not wifi

Author Image
    Tcm0
    Participant

I havn’t tested it but you may be able to use the debugging console of Xamarin. Just google it.

Author Image
    Jeroen De Deken
    Participant

I have to work with visual studio 2013 because this project should be on our tfs. There should be 2 programs, 1 on the robot and the other on a server which should be able to communicate with eachother but also be able to run on their own.

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi Jeronen

I have to work with visual studio 2013 because this project should be on our tfs

You can use Git with TFS. Anyway could you please provide some more details on what it is that is not working (short description and source code)

Anders

Author Image
    Jeroen De Deken
    Participant

I solved it yesterday, my firewall was blocking the incomming connection request :/

thx anyway

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation