Can you connect over 4G mobile net?

HomeForumsMonoBrick Communication LibraryCan you connect over 4G mobile net?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    Oscar Hagström
    Participant

Hello! I am interested in bildning a NXT drone that isn’t limited by the distance from the computer. Having a 4G mobile in the drone that directs the drone over Bluetooth and a internet connection between pc and cellphone that sends and receives commands and video ( not through WiFi)
    Is it possible with Monobrick?

Or else if not possible:

(I have looked along time for what I have wrote down below, if you know such a program let me know)
    I know it’s possible to color control via Skype. Letting the phone display color to a color sensor and send video to a computer. The computer is the controller that flickers in different colors regulated by buttons and is sent via screensharing. But there needs to be a program for that.

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi Oscar

Have you tried to follow the “Running the tunnel over a 3G network” steps found here. It should also work over 4G. If you are unable to get it to work, then you probably didn’t configure your router to “forward” UDP traffic on the the image port (that you selected on the phone) to your PC.

Anders

Author Image
    Oscar Hagström
    Participant

I did get it to work from my phones hotspot. In bot using a router to link my pc laptop to my phone XperiaZ. Im not so educated when it comes to networks, so when I used my 4g they student even connect at all. When i turn off hotspot my up that the tunnel listen to is 10.xxx.xxx.xx and 162.xxx.xxx.xxx when on

Author Image
    Anders Søborg
    Keymaster

Hi

To make the 4G thing work you need to make the phone connect to the PC – look at the section Running the tunnel over a 3G network for step by step instructions. Try to make this work on your local network first. Are you able to do that?

Anders

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation