Access to EV3 without WiFi?

HomeForumsMonoBrick EV3 FirmwareAccess to EV3 without WiFi?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Author Image
    Martin Wagner
    Participant

Hi Anders, hi Lars,
    I just discovered MonoBrick last night! Thanks a lot for this project, you guys are really great. This really saved me, because I tried hard to get along with the castrated LabView from Lego, but, although I got some experience with G, it takes ages to implement simple things which you can write with some lines of code.
    My status so far:
    Xamarin installed and C# motor sample compiled. Same done with with VisualStudio2012 and in VB.Net (it’s absolutely great that I can use VB.Net which I am used to from work). SD created as described, works fine: Booting and system “mono-brick-available” in a little less than 1 minute. Both samples copied to the SD (caution: subfolders in /apps are not supported) and both are running! The WiFi dongle is ordered but won’t be here before mid/end of next week!

As to my question:
    Do you know any tools to get my programs into the running MonoBrick via USB or Bluetooth? Up to now I could not manage to access the EV3 while MonoBrick is running.

P.S.: Let me know if I can contribute to your project.

Author Image
    Lars Jeppesen
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

I’m glad you like our work 🙂
    But we don’t have anyway to get the programs on the EV3, when it’s running, besides using Wifi.
    We are planning for USB/Bluetooth support but haven’t done anything yet.

Best regards
    Lars

Author Image
    Stefan Nilsson
    Participant

Any news on the USB side?

I am currently using EV3:s for automation work and I need to be able to control it via USB instead of WiFi.

Author Image
    Lars Jeppesen
    Keymaster

Sorry, but there haven’t been much progress lately. I have been busy, but it is on the top of my list.
    Hopefully I will get time to look at it soon.

Best regards
    Lars

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in

Make a donation