Reply To: Convenient IDE for Mono C# for EV3 needed!

HomeForumsMonoBrick EV3 FirmwareConvenient IDE for Mono C# for EV3 needed!Reply To: Convenient IDE for Mono C# for EV3 needed!

Author Image
Helmut Wunder
Participant

“Max”, I know that you are experienced in using VS already since a long time – but this is not valid for the majority of EV3 users and home programmers. As an admin of the biggest European Mindstorms forum ( “www.mindstormsforum.de” • posts > 42000 • topics: ~5200 • members > 3800 ) I daresay: I know what I’m speaking about.

IMO already the comparatively immensely small number of Mono users and the extremely small number of forum posts which are separated in time very far, shows that access to C#/Mono for most people is too difficult and deters and discourages.

If the target group for C#/Mono is supposed to be kept small just for computer scientists who are already fine with using Eclipse or VS, then it’s ok of course, but if it’s supposed to be targeted to the formerly really huge group of NXC users (which was the largest NXT-text-based programming group world-wide) then both C#/Mono and the related API and IDEs have to be simplified a lot.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Author ImageHelmut Wunder.
Posted in

Make a donation