what I need to have and to do is simply what BCC is featuring and providing for NXT and EV3, just:
- start the IDE with editor window
- include all existing “uses” all at once (not type the entire Encyclopedia Britannica each time at the start)
- – or: load an existing program file into the editor (via browser or recent files)
- connect to brick (e.g., F3 by USB)
- write or change my program code
- fix error issues if needed (e.g., F1 for context-sensitive help)
- save as… (filename) to my code directory
- – if a different version is to be saved intermediately:
- – just again save as… (e.g. other filename to either directory)
- compile to an exe file (e.g., F5)
- upload it to the EV3 (e.g., F6)
- run the program on EV3.
Just that easy….
As BCC is perfect for Mindstorms programming and BCC already can connect to EV3/Linux and it’s settings allow to target gpp CSLite it possibly might be an option to patch those settings to match to Mono/C# instead…
Or maybe there is already a similar simple IDE for Mono
- This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Helmut Wunder.