what I need to have and to do is simply what BCC is featuring and providing for NXT and EV3, just:
– start the IDE with editor window
– include all existing “uses” all at once (not type the entire Encyclopedia Britannica each time at the start)
– – or: load an existing program file into the editor (via browser or recent files)
– connect to brick (e.g., F3 by USB)
– write or change my program code
– fix error issues if needed (e.g., F1 for context-sensitive help)
– save as… (filename) to my code directory
– – if a different version is to be saved intermediately:
– – just again save as… (e.g. other filename to either directory)
– compile to an exe file (e.g., F5)
– upload it to the EV3 (e.g., F6)
– run the program on EV3.
Just that easy….
As BCC is perfect for Mindstorms programming and BCC already can connect to EV3/Linux and it’s settings allow to target gpp CSLite it possibly might be an option to patch those settings to match to Mono/C# instead… ❓
Or maybe there is already a similar simple IDE for Mono ❓
- This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Helmut Wunder.