Reply To: autonomous USB-daisy-chaining ? USB to PC file upload?

HomeForumsMonoBrick EV3 Firmwareautonomous USB-daisy-chaining ? USB to PC file upload?Reply To: autonomous USB-daisy-chaining ? USB to PC file upload?

Author Image
Helmut Wunder
Participant

Hope this answers your questions….

ahaaam…. actually …, haha, …. no 😉
I don’t understand a single word about “network socket connection” or “RNDIS or CDC device”.
What I mean is to use it simply like with the Lego software –
just use either I/O of the chained bricks as if they were local.
Given, e.g.

Motor motor = new Motor(MotorPort.OutA); // is for the 1st port of the master brick; alternatively: alias Out1
// then
Motor motor = new Motor(MotorPort.OutI); // would be for the 1st port of the 3rd slave brick; alternatively: alias Out9

the same about the sensors:

var touchSensor = new TouchSensor(SensorPort.In1); // is for the 1st port of the master brick
// then
var touchSensor = new TouchSensor(SensorPort.In9); // would be for the 1st port of the 3rd slave brick

Alternatively you might implement “levels” for brick instances like the Lego fw does (and like your communication lib is supposed to do as far as I see through it) instead of numerating ports from 1 to 16 or whatever….

• This reply was modified 9 years, 12 months ago by Author ImageHelmut Wunder.
Posted in

Make a donation